Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My Journey Takes a New Direction



















































We have finally wrapped up the ISP journey and Raja's wedding yesterday after spending 3 nights near his childhood home in Southern India. The day after the wedding we gathered and visited his home and where he was raised. Very pastoral with rice fields, cows, an irrigation system and lots of village children who were delighted by this gang of mostly white bodied visitors. The children sang out "Hallo!" over and over, and their English was very good. I met mostly 9, 10 and 11 year olds who I have photographed (for your viewing pleasure later). All bright eyed and smiles and jostling each other to be center in the photos. 





The next day I spent mostly traveling but this time alone, via taxi, car and plane. A bit daunting, being a sole woman on mainly a male inhabited domestic flight. I was in more conventional, conservative land so kept tugging at my shawl to make sure it covered all parts it was supposed to cover (hey, that gets trying, y'all) and my knees weren't somehow irreverently poking out. But all without a glitch. I finally arrived at sunset to my spiritual retreat, Meherabad. It is the home and teaching area of my Beloved, Meher Baba. Dry, much like the American Southwest desert, it feels comfortable and like coming home. I visited the Samadhi this morning, which was intensely powerful for me. I am grateful for this in my life, and feel will be a life changing experience. My heart opens further.... if at all this is possible.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Patti,
    I am so pleased to read your blog today! What an exciting and blessed time for you and your colleagues. You have been in my thoughts and i wish you well on your retreat time. I can't wait to hear more of your experience!
    Jan Chapman (I'm on my daughter's account)

    ReplyDelete